Table of Contents
Amazon Pathways Program Overview
Pathways is a five-year Operations Leadership Amazon Development Program designed to rapidly develop talented MBA or Masters-level graduates and high-potential transitioning military leaders with the skills they need to be Amazon General Managers and Directors.
People employed through the Amazon Pathway will build leadership abilities and acquire extensive business knowledge by completing progressively demanding assignments throughout Amazon’s growing supply chain.
Leaders of the Pathways program are expected to be mobile. They adapt to the company’s growing needs, manage and build large teams, resolve issues with innovative solutions and produce results for our customers!
The Pathways program is highly competitive, with an acceptance rate below 5%. The program is meant for high-potential candidates who have demonstrated excellence in their previous roles.
If you have a strong track record of achievement and demonstrate leadership potential, you will have a good chance of being accepted into the program.
If you want to beat the competition, we recommend pre-practice here.
Amazon Military Pathways Program
The Amazon Military Pathways Program is designed for talented, innovative, and experienced leaders looking to be highly influential Executives and Senior Leaders within important areas of Amazon’s business across the globe.
In this role, Amazon seeks veterans who have challenged themselves through volunteering for the most difficult and elite tasks and taking part in training in their uniform to be similarly challenged in Amazon.
The Amazon Military Pathways Program is available exclusively for veterans of the US armed forces. Created in partnership with Amazon and other companies, this groundbreaking program will help veterans find careers in information technology, marketing, supply chain management, or what some may call “the dark arts”.
US service members who complete their military obligation through honorable discharge are eligible to participate in the Amazon Military Pathways Program.
💡 If you are serious about getting a job at Amazon, prep with our recommended resource
How to Get Into Amazon Pathways?
Getting into Amazon Pathways is no easy feat. As stated earlier, the program is meant for high-potential candidates who have demonstrated excellence in their previous roles. If you have a strong track record of achievement and demonstrate leadership potential, you will have a good chance of being accepted into the program.
There are a few things you can do to increase your chances of being accepted into Amazon Pathways.
First, make sure to research the program and familiarize yourself with what it entails.
Next, create a strong resume and cover letter that highlight your achievements and demonstrate why you would be a good fit for the program.
Finally, reach out to your network and see if anyone has any connections at Amazon who can help you with the application process.
Amazon Pathways Requirements
Amazon will provide a creative, multicultural and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an employer of equal opportunity and is not discriminatory based on race, nationality or gender identity, gender, sexual orientation, protected veteran status. Disability or age, or any other legally protected status.
- 5+ years of active duty as a commissioned/non-commissioned military leader.* Transitioned/retired within 1 year (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- A degree that is a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- Excellent military record demonstrating significant responsibility and leadership experiences in challenging high-operational-tempo assignments.
- Candidates must be able to work nights, weekends, or even regular shifts during the night.
- Geographical flexibility when assigning
- More than 10 years of experience in the military with a particular focus on operations and leadership.
- MBA Degree or equivalent Masters-level degree is preferable.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication abilities (both verbal and written).
- Experienced experience in developing responsibility and achieving results.
- Ability to dig deep into data and offer thought-provoking and practical business solutions.
- Ability to think large and exert influence at all levels of an organization.
- A desire for action and to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to “get it done.”
Resume and Application
You will need to submit a resume and cover letter as part of the application process. In your resume, be sure to highlight your military experience, leadership roles, and any other relevant experiences. In your cover letter, be sure to explain why you are interested in the Amazon Pathways Program and how you believe you would be a good fit for the program.
Amazon Pathways Online Assessment
After you have submitted your resume and cover letter, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment is designed to evaluate your potential for success in the Amazon Pathways Program, and it’s comprised of the following sections:
Boost your success chances by preparing for the Amazon tests
Amazon Working With the Team
- Time: No time limit.
- Structure: 7 to 8 real life scenarios.
- Purpose: This section assesses your ability to think critically, make judgments and decision-making capabilities and your capacity to integrate the Amazon 16 Leadership Principles
Amazon Planning for the Team
- Time: No time limit.
- Structure: 10 work-related scenarios with a 5-point multiple-choice scale.
- Purpose: Decision-making. You’ll need to choose the most appropriate and efficient ways to deal with these situations, so they align with Amazon’s leadership and culture.
Amazon Working With Metrics
- Time: 60 minutes.
- Structure: 18-19 numerical questions.
- Purpose: It assesses your capacity to look over team metrics and other sources of information and do math calculations with accuracy.
Amazon Work Style Assessment
- Time: 15 to 20 minutes.
- Purpose: A personality test that focuses on Amazon’s culture and Leadership Principles.
Amazon Work Experiences
- Time: No time limit.
- Purpose: To measure different aspects of your work experience
Amazon Pathways Interview
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by an Amazon recruiter. The interview will be conducted over the phone or via video conferencing. During the interview, you will be asked questions about your military experience, leadership roles, and your goals for the future.
Be sure to prepare for the interview in advance so that you can give thoughtful and well-informed answers to the questions.
Amazon Pathways Phone Interview
The Amazon Pathways phone interview is your opportunity to demonstrate to the interviewer that you have the skills and experiences necessary for the program.
Do your research: Be sure to research Amazon and the Amazon Pathways Program before your interview. This will help you be able to answer questions about why you are interested in the program and how you believe you would be a good fit for the program.
Amazon Pathways In-person Interview
The Amazon Pathways in-person interview is your chance to demonstrate your leadership abilities and potential for the program.
During the interview, you will be asked questions about your military experience, leadership roles, and your goals for the future. Be sure to prepare for the interview in advance so that you can give thoughtful and well-informed answers to the questions.
Examples for Interview Questions
- What is your experience with leading a team?
- What is your experience with working in a fast-paced environment?
- What are your career goals?
- Why are you interested in the Amazon Pathways Program?
- How do you believe you would be a good fit for the program?
Amazon Pathways Salary and Bonuses
The standard Amazon Pathways Operation Manager salary is $145,364 per annum. Pathways Operation Manager salaries at Amazon can vary between $141,978 and $153,217 per year.
A sign-on bonus, as well as restricted stock units, could be part of the compensation package, in addition to various financial, medical, or other benefits, based on the type of Amazon job Position you were hired for.
Amazon Pathways Career Progression
Assume the position of Operations Manager and get experience in leading teams of between 300 and 500 members or even a brand new website or business model. Improve the efficiency of Operations processes by leveraging engineers and technology teams from across Amazon.
Change into an Operations leader using the analytical capabilities, operational skills, and leadership experience. Lead others to carry out the regional or network projects in Supply Chain and Transportation & Logistics.
Graduate from the Pathways Program and emerge as an executive recognized for the highest level of operational excellence along with “Think Big” ideas that will change Worldwide Operations. Utilize your subject-matter expertise to lead a brand new team, project, business, or site.